19th May 2021
Please send all CV’s and portfolios to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Draughtsperson required to join an award winning commercial interior design practice based in Newcastle upon Tyne. Dakota work on a wide range of projects, mainly in the hospitality and leisure sectors along-side selected residential clients. Due to continuous growth with an abundance of new projects in the pipeline we are looking for an experienced Draughtsperson to join our design team.
The successful applicant will have a background working within the interior design industry previously with a good understanding of interior design processes and technical detail drawings. It is essential that you have a strong proficiency in AutoCAD as well as possibly in Photoshop and Sketch up.
Applicant MUST be able to demonstrate a practical knowledge of joinery methodology, supplier specifications, materials in use and building practices, be confident to work independently and as part of a team with the ability to create drawing packages at a fast pace, within tight time constraints and under pressure.
- Prepare details, plans, sections and arrangement drawings
- Liaise with Design team to gather all necessary information of a project
- Issue drawings and schedule materials as required
- Attend design and site meetings when/if required
- Computer literate
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD (Photoshop and Sketch up would be beneficial)
- Must have at least 3 years experience working on commercial interior design projects
- Strong communicator with the ability to be across a number of projects at a time and a good eye for detail.
- Competitive salary (dependant on experience)
- 20 days + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Statutory pension scheme
- Excellent working environment
- Normal working hours: Monday to Friday, 8am – 5.30pm – The post holder would be required to work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.